Frequently Asked Questions
What equipment do you use and where do you shop?
- Sony HDR-HC7 [video]
- Sony HDR-HC9 [video]
- Accessories: Sony wide angle lens, Sony Telephoto lens, CentryOptics fisheye lens
- Canon EOS 400D Rebel XTi 10.1 [photo]
- Canon EOS 60D [photo / video]
- Accessories: Canon 18-55mm lens (PLASTIC) | Canon 18-135mm lens (GLASS) | Canon Telephoto Zoom 75-300mm lens | Canon 58mm UV Filter | Quantaray 58mm Circular Polarizer
- 6' Camera Stabilization track, Benro Tripod legs, Manfrotto Fluid head, David & Stanford Fluid head tripod, (3) Manfrotto Ball heads, Glidecam 3000, Sony Lavaliere mic (mini jack input)
- Hardware: PC > 6TB+ HDD, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
- Software: Windows 7 Ultimate > Adobe CS4, Sony Vegas Pro HD 9
When it comes to shopping, we do a lot of researching for the lowest cost for the best quality product that works best for what we need. Here is a list of places we commonly visit:
Best Buy - Click Here
B&H Photo - Click Here
Schneider Optics - Click Here
Do you film ONLY trucks?!
As it may seem we cover a load of trucks, we no longer just cater to only the Sport Truck scene. Starting in 2011 we'll be attending automotive events of all kinds. From hot rods, exotics, imports, motorcycles, classics, rat rods, to sport trucks. If it's custom we're all over it baby!
How do you choose your featured vehicles for the website & DVD?
This is probably the most commonly asked questions and probably the most difficult to answer. First we look for completion, cleanliness, and uniqueness. Second - we ask ourselves, does the vehicle have character? Combining a vehicle that has a personality all it's own with a complimenting location, environment, or setting; makes all the difference. It can really make or break a feature, in our opinion. The better the chemistry is between the vehicle's stage presence and surroundings the better. We do not affiliate ourselves with the politics of scenes, we shoot what we want, where we want, how we want.
Do you charge to shoot a feature for the website or DVD?
Heck no! That just wouldn't be fair. What we normally do is schedule the shoot around an event that you'll be attending. This way it's convenient and cost affective for everyone!
Are there any freelance photography and video services available?
The opportunity is available, yes. Shoot us an email and let us know what you want! Photos? Video? Both!? We'll take care of ya!
What events are you attending this year?
If you go back to the frontpage (www.upstatedvd.com), you'll notice a Calendar in the right hand column. That is a great way to find us and it's updated daily! Date's that are highlighted in yellow are the one's we'll either be attending, sponsoring, or advertising. Visit frequently to stay in tune!
Are there career opportunities with UPSTATE DVD?
You betchur bottom dollar! If you scroll up, to the right of the logo there is a "CAREER" link. That link will take you to a page that specifies open positions to-date.
How do you choose the music you use in your videos?